Photos from last year's book sale.
Guidelines for Donating Materials
Friends of the Brookfield Public Library Used Book Sale
We are happy to accept items:
- in good condition with no pen, pencil or highlighter markings
- that are completely intact without missing pages or parts
- new fiction and nonfiction titles are especially welcome
The following items will not be accepted:
- Items that are moldy, mildewed, or have any type of odor
- Items that are damaged, torn, soiled, or worn out
- Encyclopedias / Dictionaries
- Magazines / Newspapers
- Music cassettes / Audiobook cassettes
- Travel / Medical / Legal / Investment books older than 3 years old
- VHS tapes
- Video / Computer games
- Puzzles / Board games
- Discarded books from ALL libraries-including Brookfield Library
- Advance Reader copies
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Small pamphlet type cookbooks (small, flimsy)NOTE: WE Energy/Wisconsin Electric cookie cookbooks will be accepted
Acceptable Items can be dropped off at the library circulation desk.
Please do not put items in the book drop.
The last day to donate items to the Friends is Sunday, September 8, 2019.
The Friends sale will be September 12, 13 and 14, 2019
Thank you for your help and your donations!
If your books are NOT in a condition to be reused or sold contact these alternative places to see if they will accept what you have and what fees might be involved.
City of Brookfield Recycling Center
19700 Riverview Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045
City of Brookfield Trash Collection
Provided by Advanced Disposal
Waukesha County Recycles
Recycle More Wisconsin provides the following:
2101 W. Morgan Avenue Milwaukee, WI 53221 414-281-8900
3000 S. 163rd Street New Berlin, WI 53151 262-786-7307