Guidelines for Donating Materials
Friends of the Brookfield Public Library Used Book Sale
We are happy to accept:
- Items in good condition with no pen, pencil or highlighter markings
- Items that are completely intact without missing pages or parts
- New fiction and nonfiction titles for adults, children and teens
- CDs and DVDs for all ages
- Jigsaw puzzles for all ages in good condition with all pieces
The following items will not be accepted:
- Items that are moldy, mildewed, or have any type of odor
- Items that are damaged, torn, soiled, or worn out
- Encyclopedias / Dictionaries
- Magazines / Newspapers
- Music cassettes / Audiobook cassettes
- Travel / Medical / Legal / Investment books more than 3 years old
- VHS tapes
- Video / Computer games / Board games
- Discarded books from ALL libraries-including Brookfield Library
- Advance Reader copies
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Small pamphlet type cookbooks (small, flimsy)
NOTE: WE Energy/Wisconsin Electric cookie cookbooks will be accepted
Acceptable Items can be dropped off at the library circulation desk.
Please do not put items in the book drop.
The last day to donate items to the Friends is Saturday, September 10.
The Friends sale will be September 15, 16 and 17.
Thank you for your help and your donations!
If your books are NOT in a condition to be reused or sold contact these alternative places to see if they will accept what you have and what fees might be involved.
City of Brookfield Recycling Center
19700 Riverview Drive
Brookfield, WI 53045
City of Brookfield Trash Collection
Provided by Green for Life
Waukesha County Recycles
3000 S. 163rd Street New Berlin, WI 53151